Believe it! The landlord always has the upper hand, and without professional help you could be asking for trouble without knowing it. There are five times in your business life when you may need us to get involved with your landlord. After working with landlords across the country for over thirty years, we have developed several successful strategies and techniques that address the five examples below.
1. You're ready to sign a lease for the first time. Leases favor the landlord, and your lawyer will check only the legality of the lease, making sure that the legal terms are correct, etc. And that’s what he’s supposed to do. But you can do better, a lot better. We will show you how to negotiate the best lease terms, or we can do it for you. We have been providing this service for other small business owners for over 30 years, and we know what we are doing. If we don’t save you money and reduce your risk, then you don’t pay us. That’s right. We have 100% money-back guarantee! In most cases, we have been able to save our clients from $15,000 to $30,000 on a standard 6500 square feet lease. What could you do with an extra $15,000 to $30,000?
2. Your lease is up for renewal. Instead of just signing and agreeing 100% to the landlord's terms as written in the original lease, why not try to save money? Once again, we will show you how to negotiate the best lease terms, or we can do it for you. Don’t forget, in 1981 you could buy a home for $89,000, a new car for $8,000, and computers weren’t even for sale to the average consumer. Times have changed. Let us show you how to capitalize on the changing times. None of us could have even imagined 10 to 20 years ago that rents would be where they are today.
3. Your landlord is not performing. Has your landlord or property manager let you down? Have repairs and maintenance been neglected around the building or shopping center? Once again, we can come to your rescue. While showing you how to successfully negotiate with your landlord to fix roof leaks, parking lights, pot holes, and other items the landlord is most likely responsible for, we’ll put your mind at ease with our proven strategies and techniques.
4. Challenging business climate. Has the economy forced you to be late on your payments? Is your landlord growing impatient and preparing to evict you? We can help. While showing you how to successfully negotiate with your landlord, or doing it for you, we’ll put your mind at ease with our proven strategies and techniques.
5. You're contemplating closing your business and throwing in the towel! You have a huge liability and exposure on the remaining term of your lease. We’ll show you how to negotiate full closure of your business and limit your risk and exposure, or we can do it for you. We know many creative ways to help you come out a winner and, yes, you’ll be left standing on your own two feet. You’ve heard of the nightmare stories, where tenants are required to continue to pay rent, even when they’re not occupying the space. For one club owner in Sacramento, California, we were able to eliminate $90,000 of exposure, thus allowing the club owner to exit with dignity and without filing for bankruptcy. Don’t be fooled by your landlord; let us put our 30 years of experience to work for you.
Click here to read about other fitness center owners we have assisted.
We are available for private consultation and encourage you to give us a call today. We will be happy to discuss your situation, with no obligation on your part. If we feel that we can be of assistance to you, we will provide you with specific recommendations, including objectives, time frames, and costs.
Give your business the edge and connect with the best today!
For more information, please call us at
1-925-672-4800 or email us by clicking here.